It’s hard to imagine a world where midsize sedans aren’t dominating new car sales — especially during tough economic times, when consumers can’t afford to pay for big trucks or luxury SUVs. Sedans are the perfect crossover vehicle, having a family-friendly interior while still showing off a sleek, sports car-style exterior. Not only are these vehicles known for their durability — lasting well over the average 100,000-mile lifespan of a new car, with the proper maintenance — but they also tend to be the most energy-efficient vehicles on the road.
And Nissan Motor Co. is the manufacturer responsible for making this early 90s trend turn into a staple for American consumers. Although Nissan was founded back in 1934, it took quite a few years for the concept of the modern sedan to become popular among consumers; in fact, it wasn’t until the early 1990s that Nissan’s first sedan really set the precedent for what to look for in a new car.
We’re talking about the Maxima.
Here’s what you’ll find when you purchase a new 2015 Nissan Maxima:
- The current 2015 Nissan Maxima comes in two different models: the Maxima S, starting at around $31,000, and the Maxima SV, starting at around $34,000.
- Both Nissan models come with a 290 horsepower 3.5-liter V6 engine; 26 highway miles per gallon; five seats, and four doors.
- Safety: When it comes to new Nissan cars, “safety” isn’t considered a “feature” — it’s a necessity. The Nissan Advanced Air Bag System (AABS) includes front and side air bags, seat belt sensors, and a LATCH System (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children) in every vehicle. Additional safety essentials include Anti-Lock Braking Systems (ABS), enhanced traction control, and Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) for sudden stops.
The Top Features:
- Both 2015 Nissan Maxima models also come with Nissan Intelligent Key and Bluetooth Hands-Free Phone System technologies, dual-zone automatic climate control, and a power sliding moonroof.
- Optional features such as the RearView Monitor (a color camera providing a direct view behind the vehicle) and the iPod Integration port ensure that every Maxima feels customized and luxurious.
- If you choose to go with the Maxima SV, you’ll receive additional features including High Intensity Discharge (HID) xenon headlights, exterior side mirrors with LED turn signals, and leather-appointed seats.
The Expert Opinion:
Don’t just take our word for it that the 2015 Nissan Maxima is one of the best midsize sedans on the road today. According to the automotive experts at Edmunds, the Nissan Maxima is “one of Nissan’s most historic vehicles in the U.S. market…[The 2015 Maxima] is again a compelling choice if you’re looking for a sedan that provides both performance and luxury.”