Fall is finally here. There is a crisp chill in the air as the sun sets, the leaves are starting to bloom with color, and, Friday nights are filled with football. If you want to get out and enjoy this beautiful time of year, here are five ways to celebrate fall in Oklahoma City.
- Get some pumpkins. Nothing says fall quite like the orange of a pumpkin. Head to your favorite local farm for pumpkins and a lot of fun, too. Orr Family Farm is always a popular choice.
- Get scared. Halloween is another autumn staple, which means there is no shortage of haunted trails, houses, and other spooky events. Try the Oklahoma River Cruises’ Haunt the River trips on select weekend dates in October for something a little bit different.
- Head outdoors. You definitely don’t want to miss the colors of an Oklahoma autumn. Take a hike through the woods, go horseback riding, or stroll through your favorite park. Bring your camera to capture these colorful moments.
- Do some cooking. Whip up your favorite pumpkin recipes and try some new ones, too. Along with pumpkin, apples are a delicious fall treat.
- Put on a costume. Dress up the whole family in costume and go to a few Halloween parties. Head to the Boo on Bell Fall Festival in Shawnee for ghost hunting, haunted carriage rides, and more.
What is your favorite way to enjoy the fall here in Oklahoma City?